Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Black Tea Chia Seed Tapioca with Figs and Honey

I love, love, love FIGS! Figs by themselves, figs with honey, figs for breakfast, figs for dinner, figs everywhere!

My wonderful mother bought some for me from the farmer's market in Spokane. I devoured them! And then I found these beauties!

This is an easy breakfast that you prepare the night before and then indulge the next day! It's a great way to incorporate omegas into your diet. My rule for chia pudding is one tablespoon per 1/4 c liquid, but this is pretty thick. If you prefer it thinner, add more liquid.


If you want more of a creamy pudding, almond milk is delicious mixed in. Almonds, honey, and figs seem to have an infinity for each other.

Here is another chia seed pudding recipe that also includes tea!

I love having a little chia seed pudding before Amaressa wakes up. I've been waking up earlier than her so I can work on photos and prepare breakfast. However many times, she wakes up two hours after I do and I start to get quite hungry. This helps tide me over and sometimes fills me up!

1/2 c black tea
2 T chia seeds
Figs, sliced in quarters
Honey, to taste
Almond Milk *optional

Combine black tea and chia seeds. Leave overnight or at least 20 minutes. Slice Figs in quarters and arrange on top. Add honey to taste.

Other chia seed combination ideas: green tea and melon sliced on top, jasmine pearl infused coconut milk chia pudding with raspberries, roobois (or black tea) and sauteed apples, blueberries and coconut milk with lemon zest, coconut water and mango, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...